• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Boards and how to change them to Agile

Hi all, 
I am doing a training course on Jira and one thing that has confused me is that i cannot see a way to change the boards within our system from a classic board to an AGILE one,  I am set up as an admin user
We also use Jira Service - would that change any of my settings?

any pointers would be appreciated 

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk Community Leader Feb 18, 2021

Hi Colleen - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The quick answer is that you cannot change board types. You have to create a new board with the appropriate type. Same with projects. 

Thanks John, loving this site

My projects only seem to allow me to have one board which again is not what i have seen so am i setting the project up wrong?  

currently set up as a project management template so is that where i am going wrong?

Actually, you can create as many boards as you like. The functionality will depend on your project type. What type of project is it? 

We have a different project by client for all their outstanding issues and currently its set up in a simple 

To Do, In Progress,  Client Review, Reopened, Done 

But i would love to get Sprints in as we do have SLA's to respond to work and currently we all just have massives amounts in our To Do list rather than a backlog 

Just go to the List of Boards and click on Create Board. 

Then Choose Scrum Board

Then Choose Board from an Existing Project

thanks but we dont seem to have a list of boards so looking online it seems that we have set up projects up incorrectly as business so just trying to sort that 

John Funk Community Leader Feb 21, 2021

You DO have a list of boards :-)

Go to https://YourDomain.atlassian.net/jira/boards

where you replace YourDomain with your domain.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Announcing the waitlist for Jira Work Management

Hey there Cloud Community members! We’re excited to give you the first glimpse of the new home for business teams on Jira — Jira Work Management. Jira Work Management is the next generation of J...

127 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you