Blocking preventive notification

Failor Elfassi December 11, 2015

Hello,

I am creating a JIRA environment for my team and i want to create a specific notification. In fact, our issues are ofen linked by the "is blocked by" default link. 

I want to notify all the issue concerned people when the issue is still blocked X days before its delivery date by another demand not finished. 

Does anyone knows how to create this kind of event and notification?

Failor

2 answers

0 votes
Failor Elfassi December 14, 2015

Thank you for your answer, i am on Server, on my corporation intranet. I think a filter subscription might be a good point but i do not know how to create the good filter. I am not expert in JQL at the moment. I only created a filter subscription to remind one week before due date that an user should finish its task until one week. In fact the typical usecase is the following. -User A is in charge of task 1. -User B is in charge of task 2. -task 2 is blocked by task 1 completion requirement. - User A closes the task 1 - User B must be notified that its task is ready to start. The email should contain the task name only, no more fields would be required.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2015

Can I ask if you are Cloud or Server? Would a Filter Subscription work or are you looking for an event that would send to Watchers or another field value?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events