Blocking of Auto sub-task creation if subtask in parent with same summary already exists?

I have set up auto-sub task creation using post functions on a couple of transitions in our workflow. However, I our workflow can go back and forth between stages, and therefore i only want the sub-tasks to create the first time it gets transitioned.

Is there a script that i can use in the condition section of the post-script auto-sub task function that will only create the sub-task if a sub-task with the same summary doesn’t already exist on the Parent?  If it does exist, then the sub task wont’ create, but if sub-task doesn’t already exist, then it will create.

thanks

Tracey

1 answer

You will need to add a condition on your subtask creation workflow postfunction.

The condition may look like below

(PLEASE NOTE : THIS IS NOT  A WORKING SCRIPT JUST FOR YOUR REFERENCE , I have not tested this , it may or may not work . Please try on your test instance)

for( def subtask in issue.subTaskObjects){
if(subtask.summary == "your summary")
return false
}

thanks Mizan - yeah i know i need a condition but not sure how to write the script. I tried your example above but it didn't work. It blocks the sub-task from creating at all on the transition, even if one doesn't exist already.  hopefully someone has been able to do this successfully and can provide the exact script. 

thanks for your help. 

All the best :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Jira Ops

I'm John Allspaw, Ask Me Anything about incident analysis and postmortems

I'm John Allspaw, co-founder of   Adaptive Capacity Labs, where we help teams use their incidents to learn and improve. We bring research-driven methods and approaches to drive effective inciden...

452 views 2 5
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you