Best ways to configure and use Jira Core as a project manager of an IT security consulting team.

Tyrannosaurus_Dex June 12, 2020

I've previously used Jira Software (both Cloud and Server ver.) extensively as a Sr. PM and later as a Director of Operations for a SW Development firm. I'm now head of Project Mgmt with the Cybersecurity group of a very large accounting firm, and I also directly manage the Penetration Test & Security Assessment team (i.e. Pen Testers). The work we do is task based testing, evaluation, and reporting (mostly) - with general IT consulting and advisory service(s) in parallel. I've been asked to spin up and implement the use of Jira across all groups, w. Jira Core for PMs, Jira SW for devs, Service Desk for IT Managed Service Provision -- I'm most focused on using Core for now & getting the PMO up and running with Jira being the central tool for all work.

I'm curious if anyone else uses Jira Core as the primary platform to manage Pen Test and/or Security Audit (Eval...) teams/groups - and if so, what are best practices / recommendations / & useful tips and tricks to keep up (or ahead, if poss.) of the operational workload.  I'd be grateful for even descriptions of use / use cases, related to task mgmt, handling TONS of secondary (add-on) tasks, admin work, good tools for reporting, etc...

Also if use cases exist for integrating billing, expense keeping, high-level budgets (covering multiple / all projects in process..., etc.

Lastly, any apps or add-ons used that are valuable & useful -- any info would be great & so deeply appreciated.

THANKS!!

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events