Behaviors plugin not working as expected to show field when user is in a certain group

I created a select list field that I want to only show to users in a certain group. I added the field as optional, writable, and shown with the condition Current user in Group: groupname

I logged in as another user, and the field still displays on the screen. However, this worked to hide the security level. I have also used this same process to hide some other select list fields and this has worked.

Am I misusing this plugin? Any troubleshooting tips? 

2 answers

0 votes

A screenshot of the configuration would be helpful. If it worked for other selects, perhaps you have just not mapped the behaviour to this project (and/or issuetype)?

If you don't want to share a screenshot publicly feel free to create a support ticket at https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/2

Jamie, submitted a ticket. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

773 views 5 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot