Basic Filter View issue - Auto switch to Advance option - Help

Sachin Pawar January 19, 2016

Hello Team,

End user has a query where due to OR operator in JQL it auto switch to advance mode. Query that is being used is as below. Here my question is can I move back to Basic filter view in JIRA filter?

JQL Query -:

project = ABC AND issuetype = Task AND status in (Draft, Submitted, Approved, Cancelled, Live, "On Hold", "Awaiting Data Approval") AND reporter in (currentUser()) OR "Edit Permission Users" in (currentUser())

Is there anyway I can switch back to Basic mode to modify my query (using above JQL query)? Your help is much appreciated.  (If it can be done by jira-admin login still let me know or by user login)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sachin Pawar

1 answer

1 vote
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2016

Hi Sachin, 

unfortunally I think you'll be not able to switch back as long as you have your OR-Operator in the JQL.

You could enter following JQL

project = ABC AND issuetype = Task AND status in (Draft, Submitted, Approved, Cancelled, Live, "On Hold", "Awaiting Data Approval") AND reporter in (currentUser())

then switch back to Basic mode and set your conditions. Then switch back to advanced and add the missing JQL

OR "Edit Permission Users" in (currentUser())

Hope this helps.

Best regards, 
Mario 

Suggest an answer