Backup and restore behaviours

Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2015

Hi,

how can i cakup and restore the behaviours of the behaviours-plugin (integrated in scriptRunner)?

Thanks,

michael

2 answers

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2015

It's in the database so if you do a backup and restore of the entire instance they will be present.

Or are you talking about transferring them between instances? If so that's probably best done by pressing the "Edit" button by the behaviours and copying the xml to the other system, although you will need to update the custom field IDs. This has been discussed recently on answers. More work needs to be done to make this an easy process really.

0 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2015

Hi Jamie,

i have 8 behaviours.
For testing purpose i deleted all of then and create a new one to test the initializer.

After that i want to restore the other 8 behaviours.
At the moment i restore the complete jira-instance but thats time consuming.

I thought that there was maybe a way to backup and restore all or parts of the behaviours.
Edit a behaviour, copy xml, store it, after then create a new behaviour and set the xmls is possible and good if one have only one behaviour. For many of them it's also time comsuming (if one make it often for testing)

Suggest an answer