Autowatch rules don't allow anymore changes

Huy Tran November 25, 2015

The autowatch rules that we've setup no longer allow changes. Removing users, adding users, etc. just stalls as an error is passed back from https://autowatch.herokuapp.com/autoWatchRule/... app. 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2015

Ok, then what is the JIRA log saying the error is?

Huy Tran November 30, 2015

Hi Nic, we're actually being hosted by Atlassian and have a *.jira.com URL with them. I don't have any access to the logs unfortunately.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2015

Ok, then there's two more things to do 1) A 500 error actually implies that your application is trying to hit an invalid url in JIRA. But as it's churning for ages, it suggests it's a url that JIRA is trying to process and eventually saying "no" to. That's why I suggested that JIRA might be logging the problem. You'll need to contact Atlassian support to get that information from your system 2) As the url looks wrong or unresponsive, I'd look at the config and logs in Heroku - it's trying to do something invalid and might be logging why.

Huy Tran December 2, 2015

Hi Nic, thanks for your help. I filed a support ticket since it seems there wasn't anything I could do from my end.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2015

You might want to explain what errors you are getting

Huy Tran November 30, 2015

Hi Nic, I'm getting no error readouts in JIRA, it just spins perpetually because the PUT request (made to https://autowatch.herokuapp.com/autoWatchRule/beaucoup.jira.com/1588) comes back with a generic 500. When viewing the response on updating these autowatch rules on a project, I see that it comes back with:

<h1>Oops, an error occured</h1>

<p id="detail">
This exception has been logged with id <strong>6oa7lik7n</strong>.
</p>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events