I've written a new rule (if it matters it uses regex to check the summary text of a Jira) but if it's enabled it won't save (spinning wheel) and when I disable it, while it will save my changes, I can't enable it from the dashboard.
I click on the green button, it flashes on for a second, and then goes back to disabled. I have no idea why this is happening but it's incredibly frustrating.
Answering my own question here but this is more for posterity and for any other people who may encounter this issue. I would also love to hear from the developers of the app to confirm my theory! :)
I started to rebuild the rule from scratch (as it was working at one point) and it turns out that when I added a third if/else regex check, the problem occurred. Maybe my rule became too complex and ran out of memory? My regex may also have been grossly inefficient and could have hit a timeout of some sort. I'm not sure. I've asked my JaaS admin to provide me with logs to see if anything turns up.
I fixed it by changing ^(?!MyText).+ to ^((?!MyText).)*$
Both expressions look for the absence of a certain string of text at the start of the summary text. The former version, however, is problematic when added multiple times in an if/then else statement.
Hope this helps someone!
Hello Community! My name is Brittany Joiner and I am a Trello enthusiast and Atlassian Community Leader. In this video, I'll share my favorite Trello templates. Templates mentioned in ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events