Automation for Jira - "does not start with" option

Lee Cash January 22, 2021

Hi,

I’m writing an automation that checks the value of the summary field. I wish to perform an action when the summary does not start with a certain string.

I note that I have options “starts with” and “does not contain” but what I really need is a combination of both, i.e. “Does not start with”.

jira-does-not-start-with.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions how to achieve this? 

I tried mailing my contact, Gregory, in Automation for Jira but apparently the better way now is to create a support request. 

Thanks in advance,  

Lee 

2 answers

1 vote
Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2021

Finding this post https://stackoverflow.com/a/2387072

This would be possible if you have an 'Advanced compare condition' available in your Automation for Jira:

adv.PNG

a

0 votes
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2021

Hi,

I think that all JQL queries  must have the first letter. You cannot use JQL with a wildcard on the first letter.

And I think  thats the reason you don't have this option in automation.

But you can use the "does not contain"

example:

Summary = TEST-abcdefg

"does not contain" TEST would be the same as "does not start with" TEST

-> only problem would be, if you have the word TEST also somewhere else in the summary

Lee Cash January 25, 2021

Yeah, it's the issue with having the keyword elsewhere in the string that is the issue. 

Appreciate the response. 

Lee 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events