Automatically close subtask if another w/ the same Issuetype is open?

Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

Anyone know if this can be done, or can point me to a script that does something similar and I can try and figure it out?

I am using Exocet to sync fields to a parent ticket, and certain subtasks will be created using ImpEx (Excel Import).  If this has already been done for an issue is there a way I can have the initial ticket closed and keep the new one?

Also going to test if Exocet can ignore all but the latest issue and that's it, meaning this might not be necessary, but exploring my options.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

Hi, i think that this can be done with a post function or a listener to catch the new issue creation, after this event is captured, you need to:

1. get the parent issue
  2. loop the subtasks of the parent issue
    1. if another subtasks exists with the same issuetype and has different issue key you can perform the action on this issue

this can be easily done with groovy (scriptrunner) or sil (jjupin)

Suggest an answer