Automatically adjust priority/due dates based on time tracking estimates

Matt Steadman November 1, 2016

Hi,

I am currently investigating the possibility of having either JIRA or an add on to JIRA that can automatically adjust priority/due dates based on time tracking estimates of active issues. Essentially as issues are added and completed in JIRA all other remaining active issues can have their due dates and priorities updated based off of the other active issues due dates/priorities and time tracking estimates. There is another program that I haven't done to much research into called LiquidPlaner. But from the outset it seemed like that program was capable of doing those things. It would be great though if instead of having two different programs if I could find a solution inside of JIRA already.

1 answer

2 votes
Jon Mort [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2016

Hi Matt,

This is exactly the sort of scenario that ScriptRunner for JIRA exists for. You can have exactly the logic and calculations you require when issues are created, updated or closed.

Disclaimer: I work on ScriptRunner, apologies for the shameless plug but I think ScriptRunner is awesome.

Regards, Jon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events