Automatic Assign

Jonas Uekötter July 7, 2016

Hello,

I have a question regarding automatic assign.

In my project I have diffrent support teams. I need a conditon where i took the value of 2 fields and than it should go to team xy. For other values it should go to an other support team. So i have 1 Ticket Type and x Support Teams.

How can i send the ticket to the correct Teams?

What i did:

• post function asign to role (didn't work)

My idea:

My idea is, to work with transitions. So i creat e.g 20 open and than i can select the right one and put it all together after first seperation.

Is there a better solution?

JIRA Version 6.4.10

1 answer

0 votes
Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

Unless you only ever want to do this on Create you should do this in a listener since tickets can be assigned without a transition. 

What I did was have a listener that listens for any changes to the Assignee field.  If the Assignee = Project Lead  (or null if you allow it.. or a specific user account.. the logic is up to you) then I run the check if the ticket should be assigned to someone else. 

Jonas Uekötter July 8, 2016

Yeah i want to do it 1 time during the creat process. If its wrong it will be a manual assignment after.

Jeff Louwerse
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

In that case a post function on the Create transition is what you need.  You need to assign it to a user though, not a role.  I only use the listener so that if someone selects "auto assign" later it will assign based on the same logic.

do the logic to determine who or if there is a new user and then do something like this. .  I also throw my own event so it doesn't rerun a bunch of other listeners for no reason.

newUserName is a string containing the USERID.

if (newUserName != null && !newUserName.equals(CurrentAssignee.getName())) {
    log.debug("Update Assignee to " + newUserName);
    issue.setAssigneeId(newUserName);
    issueManager.updateIssue(userUtil.getUserObject("automation"), issue, EventDispatchOption.Factory.get(10100L), true); 
} else if (newUserName == null) {
    log.debug("New User was null. Nothing to do");
} else if (newUserName.equals(CurrentAssignee.getName())) {
    log.debug("New User from database == Current Assignee. Nothing to do");
}

Since it is a listener I also reindex it but if you do your post function right you don't need to.

Suggest an answer