Auto-update a field when the 'I' keystroke (assign to me) is used

Oscar van Eijk October 5, 2016

Hi all,

We're using the KB substate field to indicate an issue can be picked up by another team member, e.g. when the work in progress is ready for review, the KB Substate is changed to review.

Another teammember can check for all reviewable items not assigned to me (quick filter) and pick one that's assigned to that member with the 'I' keystroke.

Atm the issue still has to be edited to change KB Substate to "Progress'. Is there a way to change that field automatically after the assignee changes?

Note: no edit screen is openened here.

Thanks in advance,

Oscar

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

Out of the box, you can't do this. You could instead have an action that moves the issue to 'Progress' while assigning the issue to the current user doing that action.

Otherwise to achieve this functionality as-is, you'd have to develop a listener. If you have Script Runner for JIRA you could more easily add a script listener.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2016

This may also be possible with the Automation Plugin for JIRA – I'm not sure.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.plugin.automation.jira-automation-plugin/server/overview

Oscar van Eijk October 6, 2016

Thanks for your answer. We do have ScriptRunner, but there's not experience with that over here.

I've been looking into that already, but couldn't find a  goot starting point yet. If you have have some pointer for me to give me a kickstart, that would be helpful.

Suggest an answer