Auto transition of issue resulting in "It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Done) that is not valid for the current state of this issue"

Charles Candale March 16, 2016

I am using the Automation to auto transition issues in a certain project from To Do to Done when they are initially created but in the log I am seeing "It seems that you have tried to perform a workflow operation (Done) that is not valid for the current state of this issue". I have checked the workflow and moving from To Do to Done is valid. The rule fires on Issue Created and perhaps that Status not To Do when the rule tries to change the status. Please help!

3 answers

2 votes
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Two thoughts offhand:

1. Make sure the transition is last in your post-function list
  2. Make sure the ID of the To Do to Done transition you are attempting matches the ID of the To Do to Done transition that is valid in the workflow.

Hi Jeremy.

Thanks for the reply.

I can't reorder the transition so it is last in the post-function list. Is it possible that the list of 5 that i see are essential and therefore cannot be reordered? I see the following:

The following will be processed after the transition occurs

Move upMove downEditDelete

Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step.

Add a comment to an issue if one is entered during a transition.

Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database.

Re-index an issue to keep indexes in sync with the database.

Move up Move down Edit Delete

Fire a Generic Event event that can be processed by the listeners.

Thanks.

Charles.

Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 16, 2016

Is there a sixth?  Otherwise, how are you executing the auto transition?  I'm only familiar with the Script Runner post function "fast track transition an issue".

Hi Jeremy.

There are only the 5 items in the post-function list. I am not familiar with "the Script Runner post function "fast track transition an issue".

I am getting the automation to try to execute the auto transition.

Thanks.

Charles. 

0 votes
David Sokolowski November 3, 2016

I had the same problem; fixed it by adding an additional "Issue Updated" event below the "Issue Created" event, and then setting the Automation to trigger off the latter. Whatever was needed, that did the trick.

Hope that helps.

_David

0 votes
Charles Candale March 21, 2016

I edited the workflow and connected the Create to the Done so that when tasks are Created they are closed automatically. They can then be reopened if they need to be. This is a project used to store our Alerts and Monitoring Alarms. We want to store them and action them only if need be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events