Auto populate reporter's details on issue form

sidharth sekhar Lenka December 12, 2020

Hi Team,

Could anyone please assist me to understand, how fields like report's email address, contact number, line managers can be auto populated once report's name is selected on issue form?

Hi have gone though many articles but could not get enough of this. Please assist.

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2020

Hello Sidharth,

There are different ways to implement this, I will mention the 2 best ones I can think of :

• If you don't have a lot of possible Reporters, you can create an Automation rule that, for each of them, populates the different fields with the required values. This is the easiest but fastidious method.
  • If you have a lot of different reporters, I would recommend you the Insight Add-On which allows you to set up a Database of your users containing information about them. You will be able to re-use this data in Jira to auto-populate your fields.

You can find more information about Insight there, which will soon be included in Jira Cloud by the way.

Let me know if it helped,

Guilhem

sidharth sekhar Lenka December 14, 2020

Hi Guilhem,

Thanks for your response. I am aware of the first one.

How we are going to pull the user/reporter information from Insight. As fas as I understand Insight is being used to store Asset details.

Where to write the script to query user details from Insight and populated on the issue form? Could you please provide more light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer