Auto add parent assigne as watcher of subtasks

Adrian_Schiopu February 24, 2016

Has anyone a suggestion on how can the parent issue assignee be automatically set as a watcher for all subtasks? I have seen  and answer for the subtask assignee to be a watcher of the parent issue but I need a solution in the opposite way.

2 answers

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Another option is to implement a custom issue listener which automatically adds the assignee of the parent issue as watcher when a subtask is created. 

You can use your favourite scripting add-on to do that i.e. JJUpin or ScriptRunner

Adrian_Schiopu February 24, 2016

Do you have an example of such a script?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Check the Sub-task Toolkit add-on - it allows you to add a notification which notifies the watcher of the parent issue when any of it's subtasks were updated. And this is not the only sub-task related functionality it offers.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.botronsoft.jira.subtask-toolkit/server/overview

Suggest an answer