Audit log. Jira removed user email.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Hi, 
Some of the users in JIRA weren't getting email notifications, so when I checked I saw their emails were removed.

Audit Log.PNG

So in the audit log I found out that the author "JIRA"  was responsible for this? How do I know who this is? This is different than the administrator. 

I know that a admin-personnel couldn't have done it because you can't user's email empty in the settings.

So why is this happening and who is responsible for this?  

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 22, 2016

The author "JIRA" is being logged to tell you that it's the synchronisation with LDAP that is making the change. 

JIRA is asking LDAP for information, someone has changed the LDAP information, so the "JIRA" user who connects to LDAP (i.e. JIRA itself, not a human administrator) is logged as the thing making the change. 

To find out who is moving the groups around, ask the LDAP admins.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2016

Yeah looks like an LDAP issue.
The users didn't have their emails added in LDAP profiles so even if the user add their email manually in JIRA by updating their profile, I think whenever they log in, LDAP updates their profiles on JIRA and removes the email. 

Thanks for your help.

MURUGESH S November 30, 2023

similar issue happens to me that USER was created by Autor JIRA ???

any sugestions ???

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2023

It's the same answer as it was seven years ago.

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2016

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]
Can you weigh on this please? 

Why are user emails being removed by author "JIRA"?
Users are coming from LDAP. 

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2016

Hi Muhammad,

It looks like it says Group Management in the Event Category.  So, perhaps it is syncing with LDAP.

Regards,

Kay

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2016

Hi Kay,
The category which is showing is of User management.
All the users are connected through LDAP, but the problem here is that a user's Email was removed. I think you can't see it properly in the screenshot i shared, but the email address has been striked off.

That's what I wanna know. How did it happen, and who the author "JIRA" really is?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events