Attachments field is missing during the issues import process

Damien Vossen May 27, 2016

Hello smile

We're using a JIRA Cloud version, I'm an administrator and I have all the permissions possible.

Usually, we're using the External System Import to do bulk import from a CSV file. By using this way, we can import attachments easily (we host them on our Dropbox and they are uploaded directly with the different issues).

My problem is that we have some users who cannot access the External System Import plugin as it's in the administration of JIRA. We tried to use the CSV Import system accessible from the "issues" public menu. We can map all the fields required (Summary, description assignee, ...), but the field "attachment" is missing.

As you can see in the following picture, the "attachment" field isn't accessible.

Capture d’écran 2016-05-27 à 12.14.37.png

I looked after some permission issues but I'm not sure it comes from there. Even as a project administrator with all the permissions, I cannot map the field correctly. Is there any restriction with JIRA Cloud ?

Thanks for your help!

Damien

2 answers

1 vote
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 28, 2016

Hello Damien,

It looks Like you are using the option Issues >> Import Issues from CSV from the top navigation bar where the attachment field is not an option as this is a limited import function.

What you are looking for is covered in

You will want to navigate to 

• Administration > System > Import & Export > External System Import > CSV

Select this CSV import option, and the attachment field will be a map-able option from this location.  

Also looking at the csv field options in your screenshot you have "Attachment 1" and "Attachment 2" both of these can be the same name "attachment" so only need to select one mapping during the import as they are both going to the same field.

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 10.28.28 AM.png

Regards,
Earl | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Damien Vossen June 2, 2016

Can someone help me ? smile

Suggest an answer