Attachments disappear

Rumceisz February 6, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I just imported a project in JIRA v6.3.11. The attachment folder did not moved from Import/Attachments folder to the Data/Attachments folder.

I moved the folder manually to data/attachments but the attachments still doesn't show up in the issue view screens. What can we do now? A project reindex helps? Or a JIRA restart?

Thanks,

Rumi

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2016

>I moved the folder manually to data/attachments but the attachments still doesn't show up in the issue view screens.

JIRA has no idea what you've done there because you did not do it via JIRA's UI.  If you're importing stuff, you need to do it via the import functions, it it's not going to work.  Forget about "it didn't move from A to B", what you need to get working is the actual JIRA import.

Rumceisz February 7, 2016

Hi Nic,

is there a way to avoid re-import of the project? It has 20000+ issues.

Thanks,

Rumi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2016

For attachments, I'd script something that can read where the attachments should be and upload them.  Possibly over the REST interface, or maybe in a script-runner console script.

Another more risky option would be to copy the files into the right places and then write a script-runner script that updates the attachments data, but that is likely to be a bit of a pain, and possibly no faster if you just copy the files.

0 votes
viktorokolot
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2016

Hi @Rumceisz

please check path to your attachments folder
JIRA administration -> System -> Advanced -> Attachments -> Attachment Path
and check Allow Attachments on?

Rumceisz February 7, 2016

Hi Viktor,

the attachments path is correct and allow is ON.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events