Attaching file during transition, make attaching compulsory

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

Hello,

can I as JIRA administrator modify transition screen so users can attach file during transition? Is it possible to make this operation (attaching a file) compulsory per project or project component?

Leoš

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2016

Hi Leos,

The answer to both your questions is yes 

For the first one, you should associate a screen during transition Associating a Screen with an Issue Operation and Configuring Workflow

For the second one you assign a validator in this transition that checks if a file is attached Advanced workflow configuration

Hope that helps

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it did not help. In our JIRA there is already "Resolve Issue Screen" configured. I have not known it before. Attachment field was added to the screen, however I cannot add an attachment on transition view yet. See attached picture with configuration of my screen. The configuration of screen works - when I a field on the screen, it can be seen at Resolve transition screen, when I remove a field from the screen, then it is not displayed at transition. 

Have you tried your solution in your JIRA instance? Do you have any idea what is wrong? This is not an issue of permission, I have all privileges to add and delete attachments.

Does not work both in JIRA 6.4 and JIRA 7.0.5.

Resolve_Issue_Screen.PNG

Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

Hi Leos,

Yes, I just tried in my instance (JIRA v7) 

Screen Shot 2016-03-08 at 12.35.32.png

As you can see the attachment field is there. Try see if the following links help you identify the reason why attachment is not there

System fields are not appearing on the screen and Configuring file attachments

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 8, 2016

Great! My Attachment field was hidden. Your link System fields are not appearing on the screen has helped me. Thank a lot!

Suggest an answer