Atlassian broke post functions today for Cloud users

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2016

Heads up gang that you may have post functions in your workflows that are incorrect as of the past 24 hrs.

For some reason, Atlassian decided to rework all my post functions in all of my dozens of workflows from a copy-from-parent notation to a copy-to-parent notation which broke all kinds of stuff. I'm picking up the pieces and yes I can fix it, but no idea, why they've done this. Yes, I gave them a support ticket about it.

According to this, we're still awaiting the cloud ready add-on replacement - something I've been monitoring closely - called JMWE from Innovalog for months now. I have no record in my JMWE add-on that post functions have yet been disabled.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-miscellaneous-workflow-extensions-jmwe-removal-from-jira-cloud-815262011.html 

And there is no purchasable add-on in the marketplace for this - I checked - yet.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions/cloud/overview 

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Meyer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2016

Hi Paul,

We are aware of the issue with the copy-from-parent and copy-to-parent post-functions and a fix has already been shipped.

As noted in the most recent update on the knowledge base article, we pushed back the migration to the replacement to September 1 in order to conduct additional testing. 

As described in the article, we will migrate all customers automatically to the new add-on on September 1. After this, you will have a 30 day introductory period for you to decide whether or not to start a subscription for the new version of the add-on. If you choose not to start a subscription, you will not be charged

At any point during the 30 day introductory period, you can start a subscription to the new JMWE add-on built on Atlassian Connect. When your start your subscription, you will start a 30-day free trial that is standard for all add-ons on the Atlassian Marketplace. You can start your 30-day trial at any time during the introductory period, or after the introductory period has ended.

Unfortunately due to the nature of the migration, it's not possible to make the add-on available on Marketplace in advance.

Dave Meyer

Senior Product Manager, JIRA

Suggest an answer