Atlassian JIRA service won't start after update

FrederikK October 29, 2015

Hi,

After updating JIRA from v. 6.4.11 to JIRA Core v. 7.0.0 on Windows Server, the service won't start.

Here is the error I get:

image2015-10-29 14:51:2.png

After investigating further, I found that in regedit.exe the "ImagePath" of the registry is set to "C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\bin\tomcat7.exe" //RS//############

So I looked the folder up and couldn't find tomcat7.exe, but saw tomcat8.exe - Which I tried changing the registry to. After changing the registry I got the following error:

image2015-10-29 14:54:12.png

Fortunately this happened on the test environment, but I'm having a hard time seeing how we should update our production environment with this kind of error. I have not had any trouble updating on this test environment before - Did an update from 6.2.4 to 6.4.11 a month ago.

Environment is:

• Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Microsoft SQL Server 2012

Update was done with the Windows installer.

Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,

Frederik B. Kristiansen

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2015

Hello Frederik,

I believe you'll be able to workaround that with the following instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+5.2+Service+cannot+be+started+with+a+Error+2%3A+The+system+cannot+find+the+file+specified.

Please let me know how it goes. smile

0 votes
FrederikK October 29, 2015

Hi Rodrigo,

This seemed to do the trick! Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Frederik B. Kristiansen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events