Assigning a new Task-Type to an Existing Workflow

Ben Weisman August 16, 2016

Hi,

I need to add a new task type. Can I add it to a workflow within an active Workflow Scheme?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2016

It's not "adding it to a workflow".  You go to the workflow scheme and tell that to use your chosen workflow for that issue type.  JIRA will migrate any existing issues when you commit the change.

I can't assign anything because I have many projects attached to that scheme already?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2016

I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Issue assignments have nothing to do with configuring issue types ti use workflows.

The second part I think means you're worried about affecting other projects.  Yes, you will, if the scheme is used by other projects.  Although it only matters if the projects are using that issue type (that's handled by Gabrielle's answer)

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2016

You will actually add it to your JIRA Project's Issue Type Scheme so that it will appear as a choice in your project, not in the Workflow Scheme.

Thanks, I did this. But the new task type gets auto assigned to a workflow. Can I move it to a different workflow or make a new one?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events