Assign Permission Removed in Permissions - How to Allow Assign Via Screen

DanaF May 10, 2016

We are trying to remove the Assign Button from people using it. It works via setting the Permission to a specific group/role and no one sees the button unless they are in that group. We have 2 areas that we need to be able to assign the issue out.  We have multiple Manager  (8 total) within an issue type and we want them to have the ability to press the investigate INVESTIGATE Transition button, it then pops up with a screen that has assign to: Due Date: and a Comment Field.  They then send it to one of their team members to do the investigation. With the Assign Permission removed from them via the project. It does not give them the ability to Assign it to someone. Is there a way to allow them to do this without giving them full access to assign issues at any time? 

Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Instead of using the native "Assign" button, just put the "Assignee" field on a transition screen and limit that transition to the users that you like (like the Managers role).

DanaF May 10, 2016

Hi Gabrielle,

Not quite sure I follow you here. Can you explain please? 

But in my Permission Scheme, I have Assign Issues = Quality Manager only. 

In my Transition I have a screen being pulled up, Fields on it are: Assignee & Due Date.

But the Person that is trying to assign this to their team member is not the Quality Manager. 

All of our other Transition Assigns are handled via Post Function, using Lead Developer, and then we made some specific roles for various stages like Internal Lead, External Lead, Final Lead.

Hope this helps clarify my request a little more.

Thanks for your time

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

I think you might be able to use the JIRA Workflow properties.

Very good explanations and examples here or grab a copy of @Jobin Kuruvilla book JIRA Development Cookbook.

Chris

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events