Assign / Delete to Sprint

DimaA September 30, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Deleting a Sprint

Hi, as of now   Sept 2016 can anybody help to  delete sprint, in my TaskBoard  backlog I have issues and I see some prev created Sprint10 (no issues), that Sprint is not active judging by dates, I don't have option to click on multi dots .... on the right and delete it, in its place I have some traffic lights icons like on pic, what do they mean

?? Thi ssp

sprint2.jpg

This all comes into view b'z we want to have issues from one big project be in multiple Sprints, is it possible ????  This is hard spec which we can't change: we plan to have one project for whole year, with like 150 issues and task and we want to put pieces of it into 2 weeks sprints.

I'm bit confused here, and we still on trial if it's matters, trying to build perfect configuration for our POC presentation.

Tx

M

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2016

> I don't have option to click on multi dots .... on the right and delete it,
The sprint looks to have been completed, so deleting it would in theory mess up your numbers.

>in its place I have some traffic lights icons like on pic, what do they mean

They're the current total estimates for to-do, in progress and done issues in the sprint.  No numbers shown because there are no issues

>Board can only show issues from Single project (I think True as we can create Board only from Project view)

False, a board is based on a saved filter.  These could be things like "project in (a, b, c)", so you absolutely can select from multiple projects

>  On Board we can have more then one Active Sprint

Parallel sprints are possible, but you might have to enable them in "labs"

>  On Board we can have more then one Sprint (ig. One active and 2 in the future)          True/False ?

Create the sprints, then you'll see them in planning

I'm lost on the last point, unless you're reading an old set of docs (for JIRA 6 or lower) while using JIRA Software (JIRA 7+)

DimaA October 3, 2016

Thanks Nic again for great help,  

Re<I'm lost on the last point, unless you're reading an old set of docs (for JIRA 6 or lower) while using JIRA Software (JIRA 7+)>

is this in re my post to confirm my dogmas ?

I'm currently running cloud trial which I assume most recent.

T

v

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2016

Yes, you talk about "click on the Agile links" - that's from JIRA 6.  You're on 7, where the docs talk about the boards menu options.

0 votes
DimaA September 30, 2016

Also couple of dogmas I would like to confirm:

1. Board can only show issues from Single project                      True/False  ?
    (I think True as we can create Board only from Project view)

2. On Board we can have more then one Active Sprint               True/False ??

3. On Board we can have more then one Sprint (ig. One active and 2 in the future)          True/False ?

Also: trying to do translation for my users:  on manual it says:

• Click the Agile link's down-arrow in the top navigation bar, then select your preferred board from the resulting dropdown menu.
    ** does it mean that all those links (Dashboard, Projects, Issues, Boards) are called  Agile links? and in this case I need to click Board dropdown menu?
    j33.jpg

Thanks V

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events