As a scrum master I need to be able to login as other users from time to time - how do I d this

Debbie Lightbody March 13, 2017

3 answers

0 votes
Alexey Dorofeyev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2017

Script Runner has built in script "switch user"

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html

0 votes
Debbie Lightbody March 13, 2017

ok, so in the instance where I am having my daily stand-up meeting with my team, and I ask whether they have logged their time on the issue ticket created, and they have not - I want to be able to assist by doing it for them while we are all present so that they can move on to the next issue?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

That's not something you do in a standip

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2017

No, you don't. A scrum master does not need to enter invalid information by impersonating users.

As an admin, it can be useful for debugging, and there are "su" type add-ons that allow you to do it (although the option is a poor substitute for understanding a system better), and Cloud lets you do it too.  But they are limited to admins.

Suggest an answer