As a project administrator, how do I display a subtask's due date field in the parent issue, just for my project?

davidkazuhiro March 10, 2016

By default, the current subtask fields show in the parent issue

• Done
  • Summary
  • Issue Type
  • Status
  • (Action button)

I want to also display the due date, but I don't want to force every other project to do this.

2 answers

3 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2016

Hi David,

the sub-task panel is very difficult to configure out of the box. You can show only certain fields - only the so-called system fields and the configuration is one for the whole system, it cannot be changed by projects.

The only solution is to use this plug-in Issue Matrix. Basically you should create a custom field of type Issue Matrix, select sub-task mode and configure which fields you want to show as columns.

If you have any questions let me know.

Cheers,

Peter T

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

As a project administrator, you can't do this.

As a system administrator, it's really easy to do it globally, you can add any system or custom field to the display by adding them to the jira.table.cols.subtasks property in admin -> general config ->advanced

But it is global, not by project.  To limit it by project, you need code

Suggest an answer