Are there any good user management tools for Jira?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

I would like to work with user accounts in different ways, and JIRA offers nothing to help.  For example, I would like to make separate reports of Active and Inactive users.  I want to sort the list by last login date.  I want to generate lists of users that have not logged in within the last X hours/days/months/years/millenia.  Is there any tool that can help?

3 answers

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2015

Edit. It seems that Steven was faster than me. His answer is correct smile

Hi Robert,

As far as I know, you can get information like those reports from the JIRA database with specific SQL queries. I wasn't able to find a plugin that can retrieve this data.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

;) Hello and howdy!

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2015

If you are using an internal JIRA directory for user management, you should use SQL to extract this information for your reporting needs. 

Pages like this in the JIRA Knowledge Base are a great resource for working on this topic.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2015

Hi Robert,

One plugin you may want to evaluate to see if it provides you with the information you need is "Save License" see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.holydev.user.holydev-user-manager-plugin/server/overview for details.

Phill

Suggest an answer