Archive cards from Kanban board?

David Klaus January 24, 2017

Is there any way for me to manually archive cards from a Kanban board? The "Done" column is stacking up and I'd like to reduce the number of cards that are permanently stored there. Other tools have this functionality built in, but I'm not finding it in JIRA.
Our team does a review every Tuesday so I'd like to archive everything completed since last review at the end of that meeting. I know I can use filters, but I'd prefer NOT to do a filter work around unless I have to. I'm also not willing to delete the card completely as I want to keep the data related to the cards.
Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2017

Some options:

1) setup your board filter to include "and fixVersion in unreleasedVersions()".  To archive, just hit the "Release" button at the top of the kanban board and it will assign a version to the "done" cards and mark the version as released.  The cards will no longer show

2) setup your board filter to include "and (labels is empty or labels != released)".  To archive, just query for all tickets in the done column and bulk edit add the "released" label.  You can use whatever label you choose.

3) Since you review weekly and archive weekly, setup your board filter to exclude cards that have been in the done column longer than 7 days.  update your board filter to include "and ((status = Done and status changed after -7d) or status != Done)"

Suggest an answer