Approvals in issue fields

vrw productions September 7, 2017

To give a bit of backstory i have installed the Jira core/agile and i am working on a proof of concept for our team, we currently have a Jira instance that is not managed by us so we cannot look into this configuration.

What i am simply trying to accomplish is to have an issue type with the name "change request" which requires the approval of 2 approvers from the same project. now i have been able to create a custom field named "approver 1" but when i add it to the specific issue type screen it will display this field in the create ticket screen and i am not able to use it as an issue field to create a workflow transition for it

Now i would like to be able to have this field visually in the issue details view however im having trouble accomplishing this.

as an addition i want the approver to be able to press a button in workflow style and by this his name would be added under that approver field.

Does anyone have a single clue of what i am doing wrong? am i maybe using the wrong Jira-core/agile and should i switch to a trial of Jira-servicedesk to accomlish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2017

Hi there,

I recommend taking a look at JIRA Service Desk if you are trying to build approval workflows.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-jira-service-desk-approvals-832185058.html

This is not to say it cannot be done in JIRA. However, it will require some configuration and may also require the use of an add-on.

Thank you

Bhushan

vrw productions September 11, 2017

Thankyou for the link, within the next couple of days i will try to create the workflow within service desk then.

the way of approval in the link is exactly what i am looking for. so hopefully it wont be that difficult to setup

Ankit Patel December 8, 2017

Were you able to find anything in Jira? I am also looking at a similar situation with my current project

Suggest an answer