Apply a filter (not a QuickFilter) to a Scrum Board view

I would like to apply a saved filter that is NOT setup as a quickFilter to the standard board view (not the "Search" view that you get as the result of searching for 'filter=MyFilter'). Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes

Scrum (and Kanban) boards are based on a filter.  You'll need to edit that and add your new clauses to it.

That's very global though. If I'm a normal user and I want to filter the board by one of my saved filters without having an admin change the actual filter that defines the board, how would I do that?

The board filter defines what goes on the board, the quick filters hide stuff to allow you to drill-down into larger lists.

There's nothing to arbitrarily use a third unrelated filter.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Teodora [Botron]
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Jira Inferno: The Nine Circles of Jira Administration Hell

If you spend enough time as a Jira admin - whether you are managing a single, mid-sized instance, a large enterprise one or juggling multiple instances at once - you will eventually find yourself in ...

709 views 5 16
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot