Anyone running JIRA 7.3 over HTTPS?

Ops January 15, 2017

Trying to upgrade to v7.3 this evening and the service fails to start if the application is set to run over HTTPS or HTTP redirecting to HTTPS. HTTP only works fine using the same port numbers.

I cannot find anything useful in the Windows logs or the catlina/JIRA logs so it looks like I am going to have to roll back the upgrade to v7.2.7 which I was previously running over SSL. I have been running JIRA over SSL since v6.2.5 in 2014 so I am used to the setup and configuration of it but 7.3 will not play.

Just wondering if anyone is successfully running 7.3 over SSL before I raise it with Atlasassian?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ops January 16, 2017

Looks like this is a known issue. See: JRA-63734

1 vote
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2017

Hi Matthew,

Yes. I am running 7.3.0 (fresh install) over SSL. I use Nginx as proxy server, similar to the set up described here: http://blog.servicerocket.com/adoption/blog/2014/07/3-steps-in-set-up-nginx-as-proxy-server-for-atlassian-jira

Sam

Ops January 15, 2017

Hi Sam

Thanks for letting me know - I will continue my investigation at this end.

Matthew

Suggest an answer