Anyone experiencing issues regarding the scrollbar within an opend issue?

Eric_Mertens August 29, 2017

Cannot scroll down/up in an opened issue. Scroll bar missing after opening an issue ticket, cannot scroll down in a ticket

Noticed the issue this morning......
- when you open an issue the scroll bar (to scroll down an issue) is missing
- icons in the lefthand sidebar are missing to (not showing/not working)

As of this morning I cannot scroll down/up in an issue i have opened.

• the scroll bar is missing
  • the page doesnot react to the scroll-button of the mouse.
  • the page doesnot react to the keyboard down/up arrows

Submitted a ticket: 

https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-320086

11 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi Everyone,

This is a rather old thread.  While the original post did link to an incident where this happened for a limited number of Jira Cloud sites 2 year ago, that specific issue has since been resolved.   As such I don't believe that much of the other suggestions in this thread will be helpful for other Jira Cloud users that might experience this.

For the other users that have found this thread more recently and are using Jira Cloud, I would instead suggest creating a technical support request at https://support.atlassian.com/contact select your product as Jira, platform as Cloud (if you're using Cloud as this original post was), and then be sure to enter your URL of your Atlassian Cloud site.  This will allow our Cloud support team to assist you and better understand if the problem is being caused by some setting in the Cloud environment.

Additionally we would welcome you to create a new community question should come across a similar problem in the future.

Thanks

Andy

9 votes
Sumithra David February 13, 2019

Hi! I am facing this issue right now....anyone else experiencing this? thanks! 

I tried opening the ticket in FireFox, Chrome, and IE....not working.

Dakota Walker February 13, 2019

I am getting the same thing

I found a temporary work around....see if it works for you. 

If you can get to the customer view and then click on the ticket number, then it opens up the ticket with the scroll and you can edit. 

One way to get to this view is through the email that is generated and it's a link towards the bottom that says "View Request". 

image.png

Suba V
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2019

Our Platform Engineers helped to fine tune some angles of cache rendering from Jira. 

As a result of the fix , you may you hit into some small inconsistencies with the browser. Please clear your browser cache and try again. That should fix it. 

Like Sandeep kumar S likes this
Jane Fletcher February 19, 2019

I get the same issue with Jira on explorer. Don't think it's a browser issue

Martin Tutlewski February 19, 2019

same issue here - we are on cloud version. Tested on several systems + browser combinations. Clearing all browser data did not made any change.

If you really want / have to work on Jira Zoom out - if your pages are not to long you should be good to hit the buttons you searching for... but really this is a bad workaround approach when pages are full of data and you need to read something in the middle...

Like Jurgen Heilmann likes this
Sebastian Mucha February 20, 2019

Experiencing the same issue as well. No scrollbars in issues when using Chrome. Working well however with IE and Edge.

Andrea Dixon April 15, 2019

I have this issue today in FF, Chrome and Edge

Peter Maynard April 15, 2019

so do we :-(

Bart Van Belle April 17, 2019

same over here, we cannot configure the agile boards properly due to a missing scrollbar. Tested on IE, Chrome, firefox (recent versions).

We are using Jira Software Server 8.0.2

Jurgen Heilmann May 13, 2019

moved to separate comment

5 votes
Andy Aicken August 29, 2017

I'm seeing exactly the same thing. JIRA is pretty much unusable at the moment.

Lars Eric Scheidler August 29, 2017

In our company this error occurs also, but is limited to some users, not to all.

The JS-Console shows this error message:

batch.js?locale=en-US:35 Uncaught Error: jira/projects/sidebar/component missing jira/projects/data/WRM
at l (batch.js?locale=en-US:35)
at u (batch.js?locale=en-US:35)
at s (batch.js?locale=en-US:35)
at window.require (batch.js?locale=en-US:38)
at batch.js?acjsFiveVersionEnabled=true&agile_global_admin_condition=true&devsummary=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jira-nps-enabled=true&locale=en-US&nps-not-opted-out=true:sourcemap:135
l @ batch.js?locale=en-US:35
u @ batch.js?locale=en-US:35
s @ batch.js?locale=en-US:35
window.require @ batch.js?locale=en-US:38
(anonymous) @ batch.js?acjsFiveVersionEnabled=true&agile_global_admin_condition=true&devsummary=true&jag=true&jaguser=true&jira-nps-enabled=true&locale=en-US&nps-not-opted-out=true:sourcemap:135
VM1240:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'ExpansionManager' of undefined

We also use Jira Cloud.

3 votes
Estuardo Moguel April 10, 2018

They have this issue again.

Cannot scroll down/up in an opened issue. Scroll bar missing after opening an issue ticket, cannot scroll down in a ticket

2 votes
Eric_Mertens August 29, 2017

Received the following notification through Atlassian:
http://status.atlassian.com/incidents/tx4tlhctntjk

JIRA sidebar and scrolling through JIRA issues not functioning correctly
Incident Report for Atlassian

Additional info added: 29-05-2018
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-agile-boards-not-displaying-scroll-bar-779158968.html

1 vote
Navatha Kannadi April 25, 2018

Strange am the only one facing scrollbar issue in my Team. Tried with IE, FF, and chrome. Rebooted my system also doesn't work.

1 vote
Taylor Williams April 25, 2018

I'm also getting this issue on Jira cloud.  Tried Chrome and Opera - same problem.  Rebooted PC, hasn't solved it.  Can't follow the instructions for the darkside features either because we use Jira cloud.

Taylor Williams April 25, 2018

Followed the link to the ticket Eric raised, which lands on a blank page. 

There was a link telling me I can no longer raise bug tickets there, and had to navigate to another page.  Clicked that

Searched for the 'scrollbar' issue. Found this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-agile-boards-not-displaying-scroll-bar-779158968.html

Went back to my Jira and suddenly my scrollbar is back.. Not sure if you guys fixed it, or if the link above somehow cached some resources I needed? - Just posting this info in case it's part of the solution

Jay_Freyensee February 13, 2019

well, the issue is back again

Like Tomas Pesko likes this
1 vote
Rob Newman January 2, 2018

this just started happening to me and a coworker today.  He on a Windows PC, using Chrome and IE..  me on a Macbook, using Chrome and Firefox..  all latest builds, both did a cold reboot and still no scrollbars..  but only when viewing a ticket..  all other pages within our spaces are working fine..

0 votes
Jurgen Heilmann May 13, 2019

Same issue for me here, using Jira Cloud with Google Chrome.
Scrolling doesn't seem to work on the issue sidebar. The Kanban board I can scroll up and down however.
The Issue sidebar always starts on the Attachment button active for me now, even though it shows the Details, Description and part of the Comments (for as far as the unscrollable windows shows)

Cache and page cookies have been cleared.
Also, I have disabled Google Chrome's smooth scrolling features to see if it made any difference but alas it doesn't.

Something I noticed in the devtools though:

The resource <URL> was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
The resource <URL> was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
The resource https://jira-frontend-prod-us-2.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/assets-brotli/async-attachment-panel.80df15290324fcb4f2b6.7.js was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
The resource https://jira-frontend-prod-us-2.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/assets-brotli/async-editor-view.64babbad05a980079e8d.7.js was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
The resource https://jira-frontend-prod-us-2.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/assets-brotli/async-comment-reactions.3d9a4115cba5a167a4ad.7.js was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
The resource https://jira-frontend-prod-us-2.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/assets-brotli/async-issue-view.73c8c5c48f9cf01755ff.7.js was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.
The resource https://jira-frontend-prod-us-2.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/assets-brotli/async-rapid-board-issue.0cc95d82db4839e9a612.7.js was preloaded using link preload but not used within a few seconds from the window's load event. Please make sure it has an appropriate `as` value and it is preloaded intentionally.

These warnings popped up when I clicked the icons for Details, Description, Comments and Attachment. The buttons (as the warnings suggest) don't do anything whatsoever.

0 votes
James Back February 19, 2019

Just started seeing this a few moments ago

Richard Bair March 1, 2019

Same. I don't think our JIRA instance was updated, so I suspect Chrome has pushed some code that breaks JIRA scrolling.

Richard Bair March 1, 2019

Interestingly, Incognito mode does work.

Like Sumithra David likes this
0 votes
Abhishek Singh May 28, 2018

Hi, I am facing the same issue when open any jira tickets/story then scroll down not working on Chrome(version 66.0.3359.181)/Firefox(58.0.2).

Fredrik Malmborg May 28, 2018

I also have a user with that problem at the moment. Works when switching to old JIRA design.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events