Any issue tracker linking is possible with JIRA

Deepak Soni November 11, 2016

Hi,

I am looking foraissue tracker tool like Bugzilla or Mantis, on which my clients (end customer) can login and create the incident or defect for my product. Then this defect will be validated by Support Team and if they found it valid then should be able to duplicate the same defect in JIRA. 

Is it possible in JIRA? Please confirm and let me know if anybody need more details on this.

Thanks,

Tony

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2016

Er, JIRA is an issue tracker.  It actually grew out of people's frustrations with Bugzilla.

Why don't you just give them JIRA?  Or possibly better, add Service Desk to your JIRA so that they have a simplified interface and your developers can work in the same system without duplicating everything.

Deepak Soni November 11, 2016

I thought of Service Desk, but

1. I need to share the create the credentials for my client and this will increase the no.ofuser count in JIRA, and it means more money.
  2. I don't want two client will see the backlog of incidents if theylogin- Please correct me if I am wrong here?
  3. I need a layer betweenmyClient interface and my dev team interface. And thisis I guessnot possible with Service desk?
  4. Also, if I create a service desk account for any project - will it be accounted extra money in the billing?
  5. Will it be possible to move aincident from Service deskto my project board? And if they move thenwhatever is my developer's comment on my project board, then it will be as it is displayed on the Service desk board also?

Thanks for your response. Please respond if you have the answersforthe above questions?

Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2016

Service Desk solves most of those.

• Customers do not cost anything.
  • Service Desk limits customers to see only their own requests, or those from their organisation, and you can add them in manually.  They don't get to see JIRA projects or issues behind the desk.
  • Service Desk IS that layer
  • Service Desk Agents DO cost money, but you only need a few, and it's not per project, it's just agent
  • This is the one place it might be a bit weak for you.  You can include service desk calls in boards and get standard JIRA users (developers) involved in them.  But you don't really want to move calls from SD projects to others, it's better to copy them if you need to derive development items from them

Overall, the SD -> development process isn't great.  But it's still a load better than trying to use two tools.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events