Any exist solution to parse html email by some lib from incoming emails

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2017

Hi! 

I know JEMH is cool, but we have a one of own legacy mail handler, with a big logic.

Anybody knows some solution for parse html email to wiki format for jira. 

My aim is good formatting, 

Thank you.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Did you know that JEMH has pluggable Field Processor API's that you can implement your own 'big logic' part?  Then, you'd get the inline image support / HTML tag conversions, body cleanup (removal) and signature reply-to removals that JEMH did already?

Beyond that, you'll have to write a HTML parser that does the conversion, there is no open source library I know of that will do the conversion to wiki markup for you.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2017

It sounds a perfect, 

but for use Processor API, I need to pay? Is it correct?

Thanks

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2017

Yes, JEMH would need to be licensed.  you would be creating an Addon for JEMH, that contains your handers processing code.  In a JEMH Profile configuration, you pick it as a 3rd part Field Processor, it gets the post html-wiki converted text and can then extracted through your big logic, any values that you need to set in custom fields etc.  Output of such a Field Processor module is a Map of found keys/values (ie your logic is just concerned about 'extracting' the data, not manipulating JIRA issues etc.

Gonchik Tsymzhitov July 11, 2017

Andy,

what do you think to use JIRA bundle from JIRA Service Desk?

Atlassian-Plugin-Key
com.atlassian.jira.jira-email-processor-plugin
Bundle-Name
jira-email-processor-plugin
Bundle-SymbolicName
com.atlassian.jira.jira-email-processor-plugin

Thanks for your advice.
You get me a good idea.

Suggest an answer