Announcement Banner

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

Hi, 
I added a little script and css in the announcement banner to make this clock down appear, but when I do that somehow my added CSS or javascript is messing with the  JIRA Interface. 
See the attached screenshots. 

don't want the appearance of JIRA to change in anyway after adding the code in banner. 

Any suggestions? 

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGSee how the linings and appearance has changed after I added the script.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

What I suspect here is that you have put an updated a common css (like <h1> or <body>) in your clock that JIRA is also using that affected its own display. Check that.

To get around this, rename all the css tags that you have for your clock so it. Like..

myclocktimer-body{
    text-align: center;
    background: #00ECB9;
  font-family: sans-serif;
  font-weight: 100;
}
myclocktimer-h1{
  color: #396;
  font-size: 40px;
  margin: 40px 0px 20px;
}
#myclocktimer{
    font-family: sans-serif;
    color: #fff;
    display: inline-block;
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 30px;
}

Also, as Jonas pointed, please share the code so we can be sure what it is.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2015

I was using <body> tag and applying css to it as: body{ text-align: center; background: #00ECB9; } so now I referred to that with its ID in css, Now things are working fine. Thank you :)

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2015

Good to know! Cheers!

0 votes
Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2015

Hi Muhammad, 

please ensure that you don't have duplicate classes or ids in your clocks css definition.

Best Regards,
Mario 

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2015

Showing the html/javascript could be useful, but without it i can only recommend you to make sure you use w3 complient html5, where you make an extra effort closing all tags and not reusing frame-names.

Suggest an answer