Alternative units of requirement

Peter Bunde Hansen May 31, 2016

My Company is developing in Scrum teams. Our requirements are based on processes which are decomposed into use cases and business rules. Is it possible in JIRA, to create new types of requirements, e.g. a use case?

The processes, use cass and busines rules, we actually manage in Confluence.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

Yes, you can create any issue types you might need (and then have them use different workflows and fields etc)

Peter Bunde Hansen May 31, 2016

Hi Nic

What do you mean by '...issue types...'? Do you mean requirement types? Where can I read more abt. the topic of customizing requirement types?

BW Peter Hansen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2016

No, I mean JIRA issue types.  It's a JIRA-specific phrase because that's how the functions are named in the UI and documentation.  An Issue Type tells the user something about what the issue is being raised for, and for JIRA, it is a configuration hook - a lot of stuff can be made to hang off the issue type.  For example, project 1 might have Bugs, Tasks and Stories in it (three issue types) and project 2 might have Requirements, Use Cases and Stories in it (three again).  All six of those can have different workflows and fields etc.  You can probably tell that in that case, project 1 is a simple development project and project 2 is more about design and requirement tracking.

JIRA supports as many, or as few, issue types as you need.  A starting recommendation is to make them match your types of requirement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events