Allow transition to only previous status

Viktor November 5, 2015

I have a status Blocked, to which there are 4 transitions from 4 different statuses. It is required to allow to transition from Blocked status to only status, which was before the Blocked one.

How can I achieve that except to create for new Blocked statuses?

4 answers

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2015

Viktor,

Not quite the same thing, if you ask me. Your solution checks if it has EVER been in a particular state, not if it was the latest state before the current one. My be enough for you unless an issue goes from A to Blocked, back to A, on to C, then again to Blocked.

With your solution it may now move to A or C, with my suggestion only to C is allowed.

Just my $0.02, your solution may be perfectly adequate for your needs...

0 votes
Viktor November 10, 2015

In Conditions -> Script Condition there is Checks the issue has been in a status previously. Which is exactly what was required.

Supriya Jha October 9, 2017

Did this solution work for you?
If yes, could you please tell me where to find the option 'Script Condition'? When I click on Conditions I see a list of radio buttons, of which none are the same as "checks if the issue has been in a previous status".

My problem is the same as stated by you. I have a status OnHold to which there are 4 transitions from 4 different statuses, and it is required to allow to transition from OnHold status to only the status that was placed on hold and the ones before that.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2015

Edit your Workflow and remove ALL transitions on the "BLOCK" Status (click the "Delete Transition" label) and retain the one you like.

0 votes
Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 5, 2015

We use a SIL script as a Condition on each transition "going back", something like this:

//Check if the previous step was Open Architecture

number STATUS_OPEN_ARCH = 10018;
string[] status_history = fieldHistory(key, "status");

if (arrayGetElement(status_history,arraySize(status_history)-3) == STATUS_OPEN_ARCH){

return true;
} else {
return false;
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events