Allow Reopen, but not on a Closed issue - Possible

I've got a feeling this is going to require tweaking a workflow, but... We have a project where a dfined group of users have limited roles.  

We want that group to be able to:

• Create an issue
  • Reopen a Resolved issue
  • Close an issue

But, we don't want them to be able to Reopen a Closed issue.  

I don't see anything in the Permission Scheme that appears to support this.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

You might want to make a change in the workflow, in a post function that only a certain group has authority to reopen a closed issue.

0 vote

Yes, it's the workflow.  You need one that has transitions:

• Resolved  -> Closed
  • Resolved -> Reopened (or open, or whatever)
  • Resolved (and others?) -> Closed

Note the lack of "Closed -> Reopened"

Check through the "conditions" on each transition too, to make sure they work for your permissions.

This worked - although, I did need to create a new transition (called it ReOpen Closed) with a condition that allowed all "regular" users - those that are not a member of the restricted project role.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Fadoua M. Boualem
Published yesterday in Trello

Using Trello to manage events

As a Jira power user, I was at first doubtful that Trello could benefit my workflow. Jira already uses boards (ones you can customize!), so why would I even need to use Trello?! In this post you will...

408 views 5 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you