Allocating an existing workflow to a new project

David Cameron March 23, 2016

Under the current cloud hosted version of Jira, we cannot allocate existing workflow schemes to new projects. Creating a new project creates a new workflow each time, which just generates more work to clean this up.

Earlier guides suggested using JIRA classic as an option when creating a project, however this is no longer available. See also:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/5702888/creating-a-new-project-creates-new-schemes-and-workflow.-how-to-stop-this

It's very rare that different projects will have different workflows. Its far more common for projects to share a common custom workflow scheme, which can be maintained across all the projects.

How is this best accomplished?

2 answers

2 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

I usually use the Shared Configuration option – 

image2016-3-23 23:45:17.pngimage2016-3-23 23:46:59.png

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2016

I also find it helpful to setup a project without any issues as a template for starting from where I know which schemes are going to be shared amongst multiple projects. This allows each project to then have small amounts of customisation without needing to remember which project is the template.

0 votes
Akhil_vs March 24, 2016

Classic board has been removed from version 6.7 onward. But still if you wanna use classic boards, you can download a previous version of JIRA and host it in you own server. 

Suggest an answer