Agile option is not available to create Sprint

DimaA September 19, 2016

Hi,

I'm really stuck, please help me with navigation how I create new Sprint, or go edit existing spring, I'm on trial cloud installation, when I started I had option to edit my Sprint, but now  I can't do it.  After examine help I see that all  helps articles start with "Click the Agile.."  But now I have only those options:

Dashboard  -  Projects - Issues - Boards – Create    options   ,  could not find Agile under any souse . I read something about restart, but I dont' think it's applicable to trial cloud.

Thanks

mario

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

Agile is the name for an agile related add-on for older versions of JIRA. This has evolved into "JIRA Software", which provides the "Boards" option now.

To create a sprint, you need a scrum board, so create one of those and you'll find the sprint creation stuff at the top of the backlog

DimaA September 19, 2016

Start thinking maybe I'm close to existing Sprint and I can't edit it ?????

DimaA September 19, 2016

Thanks Nic !!!  Sorry can you direct me further from "u need a scrum board", how I can set it up?

Tx much

DimaA September 19, 2016

Tx Nic again, I got it, now I understand your  <Adaptavist> :_)  I still need understand structure and concept of Board inside whole JIRA software.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

A board is a view of a set of issues that you want to work with.  It's a layer on top of a JIRA system (which is a load of issues in projects).

DimaA September 19, 2016

I see now that you can create new Board only with Project, I assume new Sprint also can go with new Board 

DimaA September 19, 2016

Tx Nic, I moving well now to what I neee:  I want to full control of all structure, like to have multiple projects under 1 sprint, have a board for multiple projects,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2016

No.  It's easy to create a project and a board at the same time, but it's just as easy to create a board from an existing project, or, more importantly an existing filter.  If you run a filter for "project in (a, b, c)" and save it, you can use that as the fitler for a new board, and you'll have multiple projects being shown in one board.  Then you can have a sprint for that board and include lots of projects.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events