Agile board mix sprints between two projects.

Andrej Ruzicka June 6, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: The same sprint is displayed across different scrum boards after moving an issue

There is a project A and project B. They do not share any Agile board. It happens all the time when sprint in Project A is completed and couple of issues remain unfinished, those issues are moved to a sprint from Project B. How to fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Myra_Rebillard June 10, 2016

Hi Andrej,

This just happened to us too - when an issue is 'cloned', and in your case, 'moved', the sprint number is kept and so it gets referenced from the other board.

The workaround is to remove the sprint value prior to the move.

And then you can delete the sprint from the other board, but right now, I don't know what the effect of deleting a planned sprint is (not yet closed) - if it would delete it from the other board as well, which in our case, is not what I want, or if it would only delete it from that board.  I have an open question for that: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/39126599

Best regards,

Myra

Myra_Rebillard June 10, 2016

Andrej,

I got an answer from Nicolas regarding the deletion.  If the other sprint does appear (this doesn't seem to be consistent) on your board, do not remove it, just wait for the sprint to be closed. Or, make sure that the sprint is ok to be deleted from both boards.

Myra

Andrej Ruzicka June 13, 2016

Myra,

According to your theory it would mean that Sprint field contains also Sprint name from Project B, which no issue actually does. I've reviewed issues in last two closed sprints and current active sprint. Issues which have been flushed out as incompleted have ended up in sprint not belonging to the Project A. This has been happening for more than 8 sprints.

Andrej

Myra_Rebillard June 13, 2016

Andrej,

I guess what's happening in our case is different from yours.

Just a few thoughts here:

• Is the board letting you complete the sprint even though there are things scheduled in that sprint that are still In Progress?
  • Have you checked the workflow?  Is there any reference to sprints there? Does the Sprint field get re-assigned when the other sprint is closed?
  • From the Agile board, you should be able to see the actual ID of the sprint which is a numeric value, for example, "Project A Sprint 23" is actually Sprint #257 in the database.  You can check what those values are, and that could help you in your troubleshooting.

Not sure what exactly is happening in your case.  Hopefully you'll get to the root cause!

Myra

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events