After assigning task to one new user - that task get invisible to all other users

Marko Prokic March 6, 2017

Hi all,

We have new user. After creating his account and assigne couple of tasks to him we noticed that all task assigned to him is invisible to all other users. We cannot find it on boards. Only if you know direct link of the task you can open it. But, that new user can see it on his board normally. Also, when he assign tasks back to other users, they became visible to everyone. And, when any task is assigned back to him, it came back again invisible.

What I need to do to make all others to be able to see his tasks?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Ok, "we cannot find it on boards" + "if you know direct link you can open it", combine to rule out a number of things, and lead us straight to the question:

Take a board where the issue vanishes.  What is the board filter?   (Also, do you have any quick-filters on it, and if you do, does the issue appear if you uncheck them all so none of them are active?)

Hi Nic, thanks for the fast reply!

I open all projects board without any filter and I don't see tasks which is assigned to new user. That user can see all tasks on his board, including that assigned to him (also when he use quick filter with his name he can see his assigned tasks).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2017

Right, I need to step back.  What type of board is this?  Scrum, Kanban, or Business?  (If you are not sure what I'm asking, then how do you get to the board - what do you click on?)

We use Kanban board, but for one project we use some other, I think it's Scrum.

To go to the board, I click on Boards, then Recent boards, and select there All projects.

P.S. I have problems adding comment here last 15 hours...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2017

We need to focus on one board where the issue vanishes.  You say Boards -> Recent boards -> All projects - does that mean you have a board called "all projects"?  If so, that's fine, assuming it is one of the boards the issue disappears from.

Could you go in to configure that board and look at the board filter for it?  And the sub-filter if it is a Kanban board?

Hi Nic,

you helped me find that Filter for all projects had list of users and, normally, that new user was not in it! After adding him, task was shown.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer