Advanced Search - Find Most Recent Accessed Date of Project

YUN BAI October 11, 2016

Hello,

I am trying to identify if a project is being inactive status or not. Therefore based on the most recent project active date, I can determine if I can remove the project or not.  I know I can use "issue created date","issue updated date".

But the way I am thinking of is to see when is the most recent date that a project or projects had been accessed/opened. So the search scope would be for all the projects I have. The search criteria is to find out the most recent active date (access date would be great). Is there a way that I can write a JQL query for based on my criteria? Or how can I query and get result of most recent activity for a project (or for projects)?

Thanks in advance,

Yun

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2016

Depends on how you define your "accessed/opened".

The obvious definitions are:

1. Last updated.  Which you've already covered
  2. Last time someone viewed an issue (or maybe the project header).  This is pretty much impossible, as there are so many ways you could view an issue, and JIRA logs precisely none of them.  Inside JIRA, there's no way to know.  If it's behind a proxy, you (might) have logs, but they're nothiing to do with JIRA, so there's no chance of JQL working, because it can't see them.

Suggest an answer