Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin / Site Access - Don't approve any domain

In the Jira cloud solution for the Admin page, if you select the radio button "Don't approve any domain" does that restrict all access for new accounts or does that just limit invited members to use the specific account specified in the invitation?  

I'm looking for more specific details on the purpose of this radio button. 

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2020

Hello Tag,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Atlassian Cloud it's possible to let users to create their own accounts.

The options we see on Site access are the following:

Approve any domain

Anyone on the internet will be able to create an account on your site. It means that if I access yoursite.atlassian.net I will have the option to create an account.

Approve the following domains

You can add the domains that you trust and they will be able to create their own accounts. For example, adding the domain atlassian.com will allow anyone with this domain to create an account, but if someone with the domain gmail.com tries to do the same, they won't see the option.

Don't approve any domain

This option means that only users manually added by an administrator will have access to the site. 

The above was explained with my words. For more details, please check the documentation below: 

Regards,
Angélica

Cyber Tech Group January 5, 2022

this doesn't seem to work using my Jira cloud instance

Derek White April 14, 2022

What about "User access settings"? This has an "Any domain" entry that cannot be removed, disabled, or changed to another domain.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events