Adding text content to the mail sent when ticket is closed

ANKITA BARBI December 22, 2016

Hi 
I want to add some text to the mail which is being sent after the ticket is closed. How do I do it?
I tried to go the path as mentioned:
C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\email\text

and edited the issueclosed.vm as below:

#disable_html_escaping()
#parse("templates/email/includes/issueplugins.vm")
[ $

{baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ]

#headerTitleText($i18n.getText("template.text.issue.closed", $remoteUser.displayName, $issue.key), $remoteUser.displayName)

#changes([])
#comment()
#visibilityText()

<tr valign="top">
<td>
<font size=2 color=blue>Your request with ticket no: ${issue.getKey()} has been </font><font color=green>closed.</font><br>
<font size=2 color=blue>Please <a href=${baseurl}

/browse/$

{issue.getKey()}>Click Here</a> to <font color=red>share feedback</font><font size=2 color=blue> the ticket and provide us your valuable feedback on our service.</font><br>
<font size=2 color=blue>If you are not satisfied with the resolution, please <a href=${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}

>Click Here</a> to log on to the tool and double click on your Request ID to </font><font color=red>REOPEN</font><font size=2 color=blue> the ticket.</font><br>
<font size=2 color=blue>Please note that the ticket will be automatically closed by the system after 4 days, if there is no action from your side.</font>
</td>
</tr>

#parse("templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm")

#parse("templates/email/text/includes/footer.vm")

Then i restarted Jira. But i was not able to see the aadded text in the mail. It still sends the default mail. How do i achieve it. Can u plz guide me.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2016

Are you sure you are sending text emails? Looks like you're adding HTML into the text template.

ANKITA BARBI December 27, 2016

Hey,

Its resolved. Had some issues with the files. Anyways thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events