Adding Story Points to other Issue Types

Elaine Reece September 21, 2017

What am I doing wrong? I have Jira cloud. I have several issue types other than story that I'm trying to add the story point estimate field to.

I go to Admin > Issues > Custom Fields >Story Points > Configure > Edit the Default Configuration > Select all the issue types I want > Select my project > nothing changes on my issues. The story point estimate still only shows up for the story issue type. I've tried adding new context to configure for each issue type but the project list won't show up at the bottom.

Yes, the issues all have the say Issue Type Scheme.

Please help. Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

For a custom field (Story points is implemented as a custom field), you need to do three things to use it on an issue:

• Check the context - this is the bit you've got correct already
  • Check the field configuration - fields can be hidden.  By default though, they're not, so this probably not be the problem for you.
  • Screens - you may need to add the field to the Create, edit and view screens for the issue type.  Check the project's "issue type screen scheme"

A quick cheat though - for admins, there's a "where's my field" function in the issue popups.  Try editing an existing issue, look to the top right of the edit screen for "configure fields" and use the option there.  It can take you right to the place you need to edit.

Suggest an answer