Add-ons for JIRA Core and JIRA Software

A March 8, 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have this question, whether the add-ons at the marketplace are only for JIRA Software or can they be also for JIRA Core?

Because I only see the labels as JIRA (either JIRA Cloud or JIRA Server).

Now, if the add-ons are applicable for either JIRA Core or JIRA Software, will it be accessible to both users of JIRA Core and JIRA Software when installed?

Because when installing an add-on, it does not ask you if this add-on would go for JIRA Core or JIRA Software.

Will the add-on be shared among JIRA Core users and JIRA Software users?

My worry is that if I have both JIRA Core and JIRA Software together, JIRA Core users won't be able to use the add-on unless they are a JIRA Software user. 

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
Brian Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2016

Sorry to pile on here - but if I switch to JIRA Core from JIRA Software, do I have to re-purchase the add-ons I bought for the JIRA Software (server obviously)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2016

No, the add-ons will continue to work as before (if they have software specific functions, those will spring to life too).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

The way I think of it is that all add-ons get installed in Core.  There are a (very small, but growing) handful that require that Software or Service Desk are installed, but that's because they are intended to enhance those particular applications.

At the moment, everyone with Core gets to use the add-ons, no matter what application they're aimed at, but if an add-on only enhances one application, and your Core user is not a user for that application, they won't be exposed to it anyway, because they can't use the application.

0 votes
Julian Riedinger _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2016

Currently all installed addons can be used by all of your users. (If the addon vendor has not limited the functionallity to a specific entry point like the scrum boards or the service desk portal)

Suggest an answer