Add image to JIRA dashboard

Gopal Amlekar February 25, 2016

Hi,

I would like to add some images to the JIRA dashboard, preferably as a gadget. I have customized a dashboard and viewing it as a wallboard slide show. It keeps showing all the gadgets one by one which is a very nice feature. This gives a real time status update of the sprint and project progress overall and looks nice in the office so all team members can view it all the time.

I would like to add a gadget in which I can upload the image of the product being worked on. This will just add up to the spice.

Is there any such gadget or plugin? I couldn't find one so asking..

Using JIRA cloud.

Thanks,

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

Do you have Confluence? You could use a Confluence Page gadget! https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-page-gadget-218275791.html

Gopal Amlekar February 29, 2016

Thanks Steven!

No we don't have Confluence. I guess there is no other way in JIRA.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2016

I should have also mentioned – 

There is a gadget called Introduction Gadget.

You can use Wiki Markup in the Introduction Section within Administration –

Using wikimarkup you could hot-link to another image – You can't upload it here though.

Like Olha_Mishchenko likes this
Gopal Amlekar February 29, 2016

That is also a a good idea Steven.

Only thing is it will become a system wide. I won't be able to show different images of different projects at a time (for different wallboards).

Nevertheless, it works. Thanks for your inputs !

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

That is true unfortunately. It's definitely opportunity for an add-on or something Atlassian to provide. 

Rob McMurtry February 16, 2017

Thanks Steven! Do you (or anyone!) know how to specify the size of the Intro gadget? I've got the full width/single column layout selected, but the gadget is only a few lines high. Max/Min/Expand don't achieve anything useful.

My requirement is "Display a full-screen (or as close as possible) image in JIRA Cloud". The goal is a wallboard slideshow that displays project data and a company roadmap. 

Project Data 1, Project Data 2, Project Data 3, Company Roadmap, Project Data 1...

The company roadmap is just an image that lives on a Confluence page where I get the URL to display with wikimarkup per the pic below...

KindaNarrow.jpg

Rob McMurtry February 16, 2017

Update...it displays the full image in wallboard mode. Screen top right, but it'll get me moving.

1 vote
David Sierra November 13, 2017

I don't have an answer (on the contrary, also looking for answers!). In my case, I am looking to add an image of the Burndown Chart (widget) so that when I look at previous Dashboards, I'm not seeing a message that says, "There are no Active sprints" in place of where the Widget would be.

A widget that allows you to paste images in it, would be nice.

1 vote
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2016

There is a built-in gadget type that allows you enter HTML text, that it will just display.

Using that, nothing prevents you from displaying an image, assuming that image is available via an URL.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 1, 2016

Agreed but this person had marked jira-cloud as a label, there are no html gadgets in that version.

0 votes
Florian Pichler January 17, 2018

There is also another workaround (but not so nice):

- Install and add the "Custom Content for Jira" gadget

- Create a dummy issue and attach an image

- Open the attached picture and copy the url

- Link in the "Custom Content for Jira" gadget to this url

0 votes
Rob McMurtry November 14, 2017

The Confluence Page Display gadget has been deprecated. The replacement is the Rich Text Gadget.

Rather than pointing at a Confluence page you have to enter content directly into the gadget. 

It supports the usual RTF formatting and can include images.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/rich-text-gadget/cloud/installation

David Sierra November 14, 2017

Thank you very much for the response, Rob!  This will help!!

0 votes
Petr Loboda August 26, 2017

Guys, may be some news about this. How to show image availbale via http on the dashboard in Jira cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events